Forever Remembered Pet Cremation and Memorial Services

Monday, August 1, 2016

 

Being Okay With Death


What? How is it possible to be "okay" with death? How am I supposed to accept such a terrible consequence and cruelty of life? My love was stripped away from me so quickly and unexpectedly and you want me to be okay with it?

Acceptance of a loss is not admitting that you are okay with the events of the loss or with the obvious open void that has been left behind. In order for there to be some type of loss management, if there really is such an assuring concept, being able to admit an understanding that a beloved person or pet in your life is no longer able to receive your affection or attention, is necessary in order to step onto that proverbial stone of a new day. This new day is met with moment shattering awareness that you feel a deep, dark absence which cannot be quenched with material things, new relationships or even memories for that matter, for memories only cause more pain when you realize they will never be duplicated in real time, ever again. 

One day at a time, one step at a time, one moment at a time - however small the increments are for you, understand that it is okay to acknowledge you are feeling a loss for what can never be filled by another. 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are correct, acceptance of a loss is not admitting that you are okay of what happened. Acceptance is a part of grieving that you need to surpass, been there done that, I loss my dog and after a week of her pet cremation services seattle that was the only time I realize that I'm missing her, and some point I'm blaming myself because of her loss. By the way, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete